In order to be able to approve Educational Supervisor competence, Severn PGME has developed seven core criteria:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Educational Supervisors and an overview of the other key roles required in the training of doctors.
- Guidance on required trainee assessments
- Appraisal processes and skills
- Educational theory and practice
- ARCP processes
- Equality and Diversity (certificated - go to Core Learning Unit to Sign In)
The Selection Methodology Workshop carries 3 CPD points, and is important for those who are, or may be involved in, an appointments panel in the future.
The Severn Postgraduate Medical Education Trainee Support page can provide further information.
The ARCP Workshop carries 3 CPD points and it is important that you have completed this training if you are an Educational Supervisor, or may be involved in an ARCP Review Panel in the future.
Equality and Diversity Training
For further details and who to contact, please refer to the Severn Postgraduate Medical Educational Supervisor page.